What Are the Key Benefits of Using Mala Beads for Meditation?
The use of Malas started in the ancient days and similar items have been in use for many generations in various spiritual traditions Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Jainism and so on. Basically, the Mala prayer beads are a string of beads that are traditionally used during a recitation of mantra or prayer and meditation. It is a common practice in and around the Indian subcontinent and this is so important because meditation usually has a positive effect on the brain and generally on one's mood. And those that do engage in this practice always report the fact that they usually feel relaxed, having better-focused attention, and help to enhance their self-awareness.
These Malas or meditation beads are reliable tools used in tracking a mantra meditation which is also known as "Japa" and this might just be repeating a single sound or a combination of words which usually have a calming or trans-formative effect on those practicing it. Aside from the fact that they are used during prayer and meditation, these Buddhist prayer bracelets are also used for decoration purposes, Malas jewelry that is used to adorn the necks and wrists of the devotees, used on their prayer or meditation mats and so on. The purpose of getting it, the choice of a particular stone type and the energy resonance felt when these prayer beads are used, all hold special significance for the meditation devotee.
A prayer beads bracelet could be used personally as a mark of accomplishment of a major milestone in life, intention, as a symbol of creativity or desire and you can get for loved ones for special occasions such as birthday, completion of a degree, wedding anniversary, completing yoga teacher training and so on.Some of the key benefits of using the Mala prayer beads for meditation include:
- Help you to replace negative thought patterns with positive ones through Japa mantra meditation.
- For healing purposes, depending on the material your beads are made of and your personal relationship based on an understanding with it.
- For slowing down or controlling your respiration in such a way that benefits you health wise.
- Help you to be focused and enhance your self-awareness.
- Can also help you to have and stick to your sense of purpose in life.
- You learn to be disciplined, humble and adherent to processes or procedures.