Are You Mindful or is Your Mind Full?
What is being mindful?
Being mindful is one’s basic ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing in the present, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by the negative surroundings.
What is being mind full?
A state in which one is full of all negative thoughts, not able to live his or her life in the present. However, it is the state in which person enjoy to stay in the past more than the present. People with mind full have negative approach towards life, they keep their mind full of unnecessary stuff which keep them sad and stressed all their lives.
Now my question is are you mindful? Or mind full??
Yes, this is the high time to know the state of your mind, whether it is full or mindful. Being mindful is the state where you are aware of your life and your surroundings, without being reactive to situations or adversities of life.
If you think you are mind full then you need to introspect and understand that you have this one life and how do you want to spend this whole life? The moment you will have this realization, you will know how your life is becoming what it should not become at all? It is crucial to have mindfulness, by being mindful you become aware of everything in your life. Once you are aware and learn to live in present, your life is easy and fulfilling. You live every moment, and every moment becomes blissful, peaceful and full of contentment for you.
In the process of mindfulness, your life changes dramatically. It becomes more fulfilling, you become compassionate towards others. There stays no hatred where a person is mindful. There are so many ways you can be mindful in your life. And these ways are as follows:
- Sitting in silence – introspecting and going within, and knowing about yourself as a person, as a human being and the purpose of this life.
- Being aware – every moment of your life you are aware of self and the surroundings.
- Be in present – no dwelling in past, learning to let go of all that, which doesn’t help you have happiness and peace in your life.
Steps to practice mindfulness:
Well, mindfulness is not a rocket science all it needs is your time and consistency in life. Also, this is just one practice, there are many other practices.
Here we go…….
- Find a quite spot in your home or in the nature.
- Sit in lotus position or padmasana if you have no problem in sitting on the floor otherwise a chair will also do. Sit on chair with your feet touching the floor.
- Make sure your spine is erect and head straight aligned with your spine.
- Take few deep breath. Take notice of your breath, feel it.
- Follow the sensation of your breath while inhalation and exhalation.
- Gradually your mind will start to dwell, in past or in some other activity or life event (good or bad). Just be aware of those thoughts. You don’t have to do anything about it, let your thoughts come and go by themselves, don’t force yourself to get rid of your thoughts.
- Gradually return your attention back to your breath.
- Going and coming in thought will continue, and if you have just begun the process it will take time. Be kind to yourself and your wandering mind. Don’t judge yourself for your thoughts be it positive or negative.
- Thoughts are like that if you pay too much of attention they will leave you tensed, if you let them come and go in the process, they become light and faint with time.
- Be aware of what you are doing at the moment.
- Sit in the position for at least 10 minutes in the beginning and gradually increase your time to 20 or more minutes. Even people do it for an hour.